ANDERSON PUBLIC LIBRARY
POLICY ON LIBRARY OPERATION
A. Who may use the library:
1. The library will serve all residents of Anderson County. Service will not be denied or abridged because of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, social, economic or political status. Persons residing outside Anderson County but owning property or attending an educational institution in Anderson County, or employed in Anderson County, shall be considered eligible for service. Citizens residing in other counties may also receive the services of the library if deemed appropriate.
2. The use of the library or its services shall be limited when excessive demands of groups or individuals tend to curtail service to the general public. Such demands may include those made by students and others whose demands for staff time, available materials, or space would prohibit attention and service to other individuals or groups.
3. The use of the library or its services may be denied for due cause. Such cause may be failure to return books, destruction of library property, disturbance of other patrons, or any other objectionable conduct on library premises.
B. Registration of borrowers:
1. Borrowers are required to fill out a registration form with accurate information of name, home address and telephone number, driver's license number and proof of local address. Borrowers under eighteen (18) years of age must have a parent or guardian present to sign the application form on their behalf. Borrowers are asked to notify the library of any change in name, address, or telephone number.
2. The library will not assume any responsibility for the selection of materials by a patron, regardless of age.
1. The borrower is responsible for the care and prompt return of all books and other library materials borrowed on his/her card.
2. In the interest of retrieval of library materials and books, no fines are charged by the library or outreach, save on DVD's and other items as deemed appropriate.
3. Notice of overdue books or other library materials shall be given to the patron when possible.
1. Most Library materials are loaned for 21 days. The time may be extended for limited at the discretion of the librarian. DVD's are loaned for seven days.
2. The loan period for inter-library loan items is determined by the lending library
3. Reference materials may be loaned, overnight or for an extended period, at the discretion of the librarian.
ADULTS: 50 TOTAL ITEMS
8 Music CD's
JUVENILE: 25 TOTAL ITEMS
6 Music CD's